Castle Combe Autumn Classic 2020
Castle Combe Circuit's historic race meeting returns – this time as a TWO-DAY EVENT to celebrate the circuit's 70th anniversary!
- Up to 20 HISTORIC CAR RACES across the weekend from the '50s, '60s and '70s
- Feature demonstrations of significant racing from the circuit's history
- Hundreds of classic club cars on display
- Voted one of the best three competitive events in historic motor sport during the recent Royal Automobile Club Historic Motor Sport Awards
ADVANCED TICKET INFORMATION:
- Advanced Adult Admission: £20*
- Advanced Senior Admission: £15*
- *Includes FREE programme voucher (worth £5) with every transaction!
- Tickets on the gate: £25 Adult / £20 Senior
Save up to £10 by booking in advance!
If exciting classic car racing is not enough, there's always even more to see at the Autumn Classic, including demonstration laps from some important historic race cars, plus special displays and parades.
'Classic Racers' Demonstrations
A highlight of the afternoon wis the demonstration laps by a select group of historic racing cars – 2018 included a large group of Ford GT40s making their way around the 1.85-mile circuit.
60 Years of the Aston Martin Display
The 60th anniversary of the 1959 Le Mans victory for Aston Martin and Avon Tyres (the first ever World Sports Car Championship win by a British team), will be marked with a fabulous display of cars. Avon Tyres and the Aston Martin Owners Club, as well as the Aston Martin Heritage Trust, are teaming up to show a range of classic Aston Martins in an Avon-branded marquee to celebrate the long and successful relationship between Avon and Aston Martin. In the 1959 Le Mans 24-Hours, Roy Salvadori and Carroll Shelby headed an Aston Martin and Avon one-two in their DBR1. It is very probable that the cars and tyres were tested at Castle Combe in the build up to the 24-hour race.
Taking centre stage in the paddock the 'Dream Garage' showcases an array of historic race cars.
Club Avenue - between the Paddock and Quarry corner - features an exclusive group of clubs displaying a diverse selection of pre-1970 historic and classic vehicles. From vintage Riley and Alvis, through to classic 50s and 60s British saloon and sports cars, but a highlight here has previously been the Historic Lotus Register's display of Colin Chapman's early competition and sports cars.
By Westway corner - which hosts further club displays, previously including a large gathering of Bristol owners and their Filton built classics. Alongside will be more club displays which has previously included the featured race clubs - Jaguar, Austin Healey and the VSCC.
And still more -
Add to all this buses from the Bristol Vintage Bus Group providing victory transport for the race winners, and with many dressing in period style, the Castle Combe Autumn Classic is a Nostalgia trip not to be missed.
Where to stay
Find Hotels and AirBnBs at the lowest prices available online. Book your stay now!
- Organizer of Castle Combe Autumn Classic 2020As one of the UK's best-loved circuits, Castle Combe offers spectacular racing, modern facilities and stunning scenery, with easy access to anyone in the South-West and beyond.
LocationCastle Combe, Chippenham, Wiltshire SN14 7EY
Could not find route!
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by openweathermap.org